I received the following long over due text today from fav gal pal KB-
Kels: Sweets! I want a cupcake! Where is Magnolias?My furious quick retort: AHHHHH I HATE YOU! WTF! SO JEALOUS/NOT FAIR! 401 Bleeker Street in Soho at the very top past Juicy, or Columbus Ave. 2 blocks north of the Lincoln Center/temple past Betsey J.
Kels: I knew you would know! Subway?
Gritted teeth reply: the red line 1, 2, 3. uptown @ Lincoln Center 66 st or downtown @ Christopher St.
Kels: $?
Envious response: 4 for $10
Kels: which flavor?
Frustrated reaction: you are KILLING me smalls! choco b-milk, vanil, red vel, & dev food!
Kels: thanks babe
Frustrated reaction x 2: I HOPE YOU GET FAT HO BAG!
I HEART and dearly miss my East Coast bestie Kelsey, especially our adventures in the city (a plethora of stories to tell later)!
This textual converstation today flooded my tastebuds with cupcake memories of New York City. A recent connoisseur to cupcakes, I have ascertained my choice of the legions of cupcake shops to be CRUMBS. It is absolutely my fantastic favorite! Any of the jumbo creations is sufficently delectable! The cupcake conversation also sparked my long awaited keen knowledge of the city and how I will never forget the day Kels and I had our first mapless NYC discussion. It consisted of which subway and the fastest route to travel on from the West Village vintage shops up to the ballet at the Met. There were words like: red, green, orange, line, Queens, avenue, express, downtown, local, metro, numbers 1-6, circle, 14th, 72nd, lincoln, columbus, street, green, broome, and upper. All voiced in a minute flat, this will go down as the day we were finally cultured and no longer tourists of New York City.






3 comments:
Oh my gosh you are so cultured!! You sound so smart and that's cool you could survive the city without a map! Definitely a respectible life accomplishment!
ohmy stop patronizing me, regina! vintage from the 80's! haha smart ace!
I'd still pick Sprinkles over Crumbs. But I did stop in the other day in Melrose for a chocolate on chocolate...(and not literally). YUM.
Post a Comment