Monday, September 22, 2008

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOP-A-HOLIC

I heart the Coach ponytail scarves, they are perfect headbands! I'm getting island fever and a craving for shopping is abound and a necessity. My shopping perameters include a five mile by 2 mile radius, not much to work with but I've been able to manage slash cope with the limitations. On my birthday last month I ventured out and was able to find a pair of $3 brown stillettos, $1.50 pink and yellow cushioned flip flops, and a $2.50 pink bedazzled cowboy beach hat!



Recently, I satisfied my appetite by purchasing a Lily Pulitzer beach cover up. I am thrilled to finally be able to wear and acquire some bright Palm beach items via Lily. Today I was satiated by my newly purchased 'purple is the it color for fall' Coach headband.


My day off was left for binging on Juicy at none other than Ross! Yes, I did go back after our little mishap last week. Here I found the greatest shopping deal of my life!! Juicy jackets for a freaking $16.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unheard of, unfound, unbelieveable!!!!!!!! I didn't even have to text my shopping guru Naco for permission to purchase all four! Twin-er Shann will be proud I lastly succombed to her grandpa cardigan sweater notion with a fabulous $5 purple knit. The final Ross acquistion of the day will be quite the creation. I plan to transform a womens XL floral print skirt into a dress for a mere $2.99! I think my relationship with Ross will make a full recovery and bloom into something grand.




One might infer this spree would stabilize me into a euphoric fix, atleast until the next paycheck. Alas not, I'm a label whore addict! All thanks in part to my inability to cope with assorted variants in my enamoured connections. So when these occurrances are prominent, whether favorable or deplorable, I swipe the Visa. Most noteably this past year when label whore met the "it bag" of NYC, have I done my part in stabilizing the economy. Definately to the advantage of a certain DC broker boys job! So with all that baggage in mind as I set foot into finalizing this manic coping spree, Natalie from Express, didn't stand a chance keeping up with me in the dressing room. Though her endevours were rewarded as she got a big chunk of commission from my cash or credit signature. I obtain as if with the intentions of returning the articles one day. Being that I wear shorts and tanks daily, not so much silk dresses, sequined shirts/vests, nor chiffon muu muu's. But I'm coping....one store (and guy) at a time!

2 comments:

Dezi & Brock said...

Hahahaha, cuz that's how we cope!!Wtf am I supposed to do here with NOWHERE TO SHOP!! Stage doesn't quite cut it for me anymore, I'm afraid the kids' mom's will be wearing my outfit!! And I'm not like that. Hahaha

Nakki said...

I'm interested to see how the dress will turn out. Blog that!