lead to creations like this!
I should have taken a before picture of the size "M" long sleeved shirt. You could seriously fit two medium girls in it. Nonetheless, the 100% silk plaid fabric was too much to resist to be left looking so desolate on the DI rack NWT*. Voila! I fixed it and got my creative on.
The cut off sleeves and extra side pieces were transformed into ruffles. I heart the ruffles, my next project projects a skirt full of crazy ruffle pieces. The cuffs on the sleeves were placed as straps on the shoulder with button.
Even though it looks a bit top heavy and/or boxy I have the attributes to fill it up.
It was a time consuming makeover because the Bernina was eating the fabric, so I had to pull out the thimble.
*ebay term New With Tags.

3 comments:
I think this is a million times better than my feather headband creations. Definitely way more creative and definitely more vogue, like the devil that eats prada. You win the most craftsy award for the year! Congratulations!
SERIOUSLY! You are so creative/talented/adorable. How Romey and Michele of you.
I'm vastly impressed!
LOVE it. You should of done a before pic...I can't picture a before. AND, post a pic of you IN it! Love the rufflies! And did you do the pockets too?
Post a Comment