Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I GAVE UP SPICE GIRLS FOR YOU!"

This statement is inevitably to be the deterioration of my current fling...correction, "relationship". About a month ago, I had the opportunity and chance of a lifetime to see The Spice Girls in concert at Madison Square Garden. I had come across this concert around Thanksgiving time and February seemed like a lifetime away to spice up my life. No need to purchase the tickets because my fabulous friend, Kelsey, would be able to score us some freebies. It was just one of her perks from being a nanny for an MTV executive. So after 3 lengthy highly anticipated months, and bragging non stop to my incredibly jealous sisters, President's Day weekend finally arrived. It was time to spice up my life!
But of course, there was a glitch in the situation, the MTV executive could only acquire 2 tickets. Kelsey had to choose whose dreams to crush Bre or Kylee. Naturally I already had SPICE DAY planned out and had memorized both cds, so not being one who easily succumbs to glitches, I was very annoyed! Why did she even have to mediate upon the participant? It was a no brainer....choose BRE! They both know I HEART Posh Spice and her husband DB! I had the "posh" hair cut, even the Rock & Republic VB jeans, and was reading her book, 'That extra half inch'! I even watched and supported the first and only episode of "Beckhams coming to America". Come on, I was a shoe in, pick me! Not only that but I was the one that discovered and suggested the concert in the first place. Of course, not making any of these points known because I'm so sweet, I merely stated to Kelsey, "Whoever and whatever you want, I'm cool". Jargon for "Not! Whatever, you better pick me if you want to keep one of your only two friends here!" Afraid this would be the ruination to our tightly threesome friendship, the decision making process came down to drawing out of a hat!
Meanwhile, I had been once again debating with my current fling about when he was able to jot me in to his work-aholic schedule. The plan was to go out after the concert being that he lives in the city and I in the country, we have to act on every opportunity to see one another. So I was very astonished and amazed when the busy stock broker decided to take Monday off to spend the whole day in the city with me! He even had our itnerary ready to email for my approval.
So being the indecisive person that I am, I looked at the situation logically and tried to make a mature concise decision. I had a 50/50 chance of seeing my name pulled from the hat, whereas there was a 100% chance of spending a blissful day in the city with stockbroker boy. Though he found it completely ridiculous and absurd that my attention was vying between him and Posh Spice. He also assured me we could listen to Spice Girls AND go shopping, if that might persuade me....okay I was sold! I maturely declined the inclination to become a 13 year old again and rock out, I let Kylee's dream come true. It made a little more sense, since she was in fact flying back early from Florida for the blessed event.
Unfortunately for me, my blissful day in the city came to a hault when I was informed stockbroker boy indeed had/needed/wanted to work that day! I then irratically stated into the phone, "what? I GAVE UP SPICE GIRLS FOR YOU!" and then hung up, there went my maturity. Although, the guilty statement must have got to him as I awoke to a 6am wake up call to come into the city. And 6 snoozing hours later we did end up having a blissful day in the city, with the exception of my 13 year old abilities at the end. Here he proceeded to drive me to the train station exceptionally early, early enough I could have made it to the concert. Early enough I didn't even fathom to look up these times of departure, I was shooting for the 1, 2 am train back to Connecticut. Not so, I was flabbergasted and dumb stricken all the way to Grand Central, where I finally mustered up the ability to chuck a yo-yo at him, grab my bags, and yell "I GAVE UP SPICE GIRLS FOR YOU!", and then slammed the door.
Ever since this blessed event, stockbroker boy has met my every whim and all I have to say is...

"Hey, remember how I gave up Spice Girls for you?"

2 comments:

Dezi & Brock said...

HAHAHAH!!! You've gotta love the yo-yo part!!

Nakki said...

Oh my.